Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I have a bed!

Yay! After sleeping on the couch in the new house for at least a week, I finally have my bed here. :) I don't know about anyone else, but to me it doesn't feel like you live somewhere until you have your own space with your bed and your stuff around you. It's just... "your space" where no-one you don't want there can encroach upon. It's a great feeling.

Now there's still a lot to be done and there are plans to be made. But it's now starting to feel like it's all coming together, finally... at least for me. I've been sacrificing my own personal space for the greater good for the family, but now things are coming together for me. :)

I'm so grateful to Josh and Stephen for helping me get the bed over here and set up. I'm very grateful to Rob for going to the store and orchestrating the process of getting it ordered and delivered.

Now, I've got to get the rest of my stuff here, get the office/studio set up here, etc. I'm grateful for all the work Twink has done in getting the house together like she has. She's been a busy bee around here getting things moving along to where it works, is awesome to look at, is homey (or homely as she puts it and makes me giggle every time), just all around ... *deep contented sigh* ... is the only way to really put it.

There are times, now and then, when I wish my input was a little more accepted and less questioned. Don't get me wrong, Twink ALWAYS asks me what I think of how to set things up, if I'd like this or that, etc. She ALWAYS wants to know how I feel about it. Sometimes, however, I get the veto-pout and eyebrow furrow that makes my will wrap around her extremeties... but it's all good because eventually I realize that she's put a lot more thought and work into the layout and setup than I have. I've usually had other unpleasantness to deal with while she's had the fun of getting things fixed up, cleaned up and set up the way she likes it. There are times when it's something important to me... like the setup of the office/studio. I worked on that for two days in a design program to work out a way to make the flow of the room work best in an office and studio type of situation/feel. She started working today on getting that area cleaned up and moved around and has decided that she wants her desk and turntables where she put them. When I tried to mention that I had already worked out a plan, I got the above mentioned veto. Now I'm trying to work out a compromise that makes sense and won't un-fung her shui. *sigh* ... it's like being married without the really REALLY fun part. :-P I'll probably mention all this to her later since this is going to be a private entry anyway. We'll see what kind of reaction I get... she HAS been drinking. There's always the heartstrings... it sounds evil but it's not... it's just knowing how each other operates and working out the compromise together.

Anyway, I don't want to come off like I'm not happy with how things are. I'm not being ungrateful or taking any of what she's done for granted. Quite the contrary... I'm obviously paying attention. :) These are just the things that make life interesting. Right now she's entertaining herself by playing records for Stephen... stuff he says he's not heard or hasn't heard in a long time. She wants to go to Walmart. I might just go for her since they're having such a good time. I'm looking forward to my bed more than anything at this point. Heh... it's awesome, truly. :)

At any rate, I'm gonna close this entry for now. (damn she's droppin' a hot track right now). Anyway... more later!

No comments: