Sunday, July 16, 2006

Underhanded Underwriters

There's a show called "Inside The Actor's Studio" on Bravo where this dude interviews actors in front of film students. At the end of each show he askes them several questions from a questionnaire designed by some french dude he admires. Anyway... one of these questions is what profession other than your own would you MOST like to attempt and which one would you LEAST like to attempt. After this weekend, I can say that "underwriter" would not be for me.

So, it's been a while since I last updated my journal. Twink and Josh and I have been trying to find a house and we found one. We've been through a LOT trying to get into this house, but I'll tell you, this last Friday was the most trying of them all. We were all poised and ready. Everything was in order. I was getting ready to go to the closing when I got a call from the mortgage broker saying that the receptionist where I work told the bank that I was fired two months ago. My boss was in flight and could not get to the phone when they tried to call. I tried to direct them to facilitator of my contract but they wouldn't have it. They wanted to speak to my boss. So, they wouldn't close. Meanwhile, Twink and Josh have all their belonging locked up in a truck ready to unload at the new house. We're stuck in a waiting pattern until Monday when my employment can be verified and we can finally get into the house.

This lender has been a pain in the ass. They didn't like the color of the pool. So we had to fix that since the seller wouldn't do anything to help. The well water filtration system was malfunctioning, so we replaced that. The day before closing they sent out the appraiser AGAIN to take pictures of the bars on the windows (long story and yes, we're going to remove them). They've waited until the last minute on everything and have activiely been keeping us from getting into this house at every turn. You would THINK a lender would want to MAKE money here. But it seems that they are less interested in that and more interested in being a pain in the ass.

At any rate, we're about 12 hours away from knowing the final outcome. Tomorrow I'll go to the closing (provided they finally get a satisfactory answer to all their conditions) and get the keys. Once that's complete, we sell this house and all is well. It's a pain in the ass, I'm tellin' ya. Not what I'm doing... but how painful the "powers that be" are making it.

So I've been trying to relax and remind myself that everything will work out the way it's meant to. Our real-estate agent has another lender waiting in the wings in the event this lender chooses to be further dickheads. This is a nice thing to have since it will enable me to play hardball with the lender tomorrow if they get squirrelly. They work for us. We can fire them whenever we want. That's what they need to know.

I also have a new job interview tomorrow and I was supposed to have a date tomorrow night (however, I think that's going to fall through). He was supposed to call sometime this weekend to let me know when he'd be free and so we could figure out where to meet and such... but no call so... blah. If he doesn't come through this time, he can kiss my ass. I'm not going to be toyed with again.

Anyway... that's about it. More later.

No comments: