Saturday, December 30, 2006

The day before the day before 2007

So... here it is... Saturday, Dec 30th, 2007. As I sit here, I'm contemplating this past year. A lot has happened. I started it out with a bang. Big party at the old house. That was fun... good memories there. :) From there... well, it's been a rollercoaster. Bought a house, sold a house. Became single... became part of a family... left a job... went back to that job... left it again... contracted in Port St. Lucie... lost some old friends... made some new ones... went insane for a while... (some would say I still have at least one foot in the sanitarium but what do they know anyway?) found my center... my focus... regained my energy... put myself back together again, basically (after tearing it all apart... but it really wasn't working well the way it was anyway).

As anyone who's read my journal knows... it's not been an easy road... but it's been a good one for me. I feel much more at ease, much more relaxed and happy... peaceful and focused. I have a new direction in life and so far it's been leading to good things all around. :) I look forward to 2007 with expectation, excitement and with a wary and more learned eye.

Today, I'm going to Lowes to get the process started to get new windows in the house. Also need to get some more food for the ferrets (and maybe some toys) along with some other household needs. There's a party tonight and I might go for a little while... I don't want to spend all night there since tomorrow night is obviously the big event.

I start a new job on the 2nd. I'm looking forward to that. It should be a lot of fun... always is fun getting to know new people and watch their reactions when they first start to get to know you. hehehe (rubs hands together with glee and an evil, mischievous grin!).

Might get my ears pointed this year... I'd like to... I think it'd be fun. We'll see how this new job works out before I go off and do that. :)

Basically... life is good and so I'm savoring it given the possibility it can (and probably will) change at any given moment. Cherish the moments you have... you never know how many you're going to get. :)

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: