Monday, August 17, 2009

Reasons and Excuses

I got a message today from an old friend that explained why she was being so distant. It was because of the other people I hang out with. Oddly enough, she hasn't been around me for months now and therefore has no clue exactly who I hang out with, when or why.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not putting her down. I love and miss her VERY much. What I'm distressed about is the way we make excuses and provide reasons for what we do, who we love, etc. There's the element of guilt in there. People feel guilty for doing something or not doing something and then try to make up excuses for why they did or didn't do what they did or didn't do. Why? Obviously they wanted/didn't want to do what they did/didn't do. (is this getting confusing to you too? good... then let's just assume that not doing something is still doing something (even if it's something else) and stick to the "do" verb.)

Just say you didn't want to call. Just say you didn't want to write. Just say you had somewhere else you wanted to be. It's quicker. It's easier. It's honest. The more you try to "make it easier" the worse it gets when the truth finally comes out. You know what you want to do. You know where you want to be. You know who you want to hang out with. It's simple. Be honest and save us all some time, energy, pain, hurt feelings... DRAMA.

The situation I'm talking about has, of course, escalated and has once again dragged me away from what I should be doing... which is working. Obviously, if something like that can drag me away from working... and I'm complaining about it... the answer is pretty simple. I'm not happy where I'm at. If I were, nothing would drag me away from my happiness. No amount of drama could entice me into it's trap.

Blah.

It's simple.

Be Kind. Rewind.

Think about it.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: