Wednesday, October 18, 2006

General Bitchiness

Blah... okay... so what is it that's keeping me from making the full fledged lead to .NET anyway? I spent the better part of the day today trying to get the Vb6 version of the ListView control to do what .NET can make it do. Why can't the VB6 version do it? Because it's a superclassed encapsulated subset of what the full thing can do... which .NET users get... but VB6 peeps don't. Blah... I just need to bite the bullet and start learning the damned architecture.

By the way... I hate money... please don't let me spend any anymore... it just gets me in trouble. It truly is the root of all evil. Just give me some good tunes to groove to and batteries to run my MP3 player and I'll be good. In fact, if anyone's interested, I got a ton of stuff to sell. :-P

I'm probably going to take some of my music equipment to SamAsh and see if they'll buy it... or I'll put on EBay. Haven't decided yet. Whichever works best. It sucks... and it hurts to see it go... but I have other priorities that are more important and so I gotta do what I gotta do.

Something else that sucks... jobs. What sucks about this one is the fact that the people here are so awesome and I love working with them. I've become VERY fond of Jose (and his family), Naddim, Kevin, Eric and a few others there that I've just really been able to bond with and I'm looking at getting a job in Orlando. If the house was sold, I could probably afford to still work down here. But... until that miracle of life happens, I'm stuck throwing pennies in the toll booths. wheee!

Yes, financially, status-wise, and all that clap-trap... I've fallen so far. And yet, I'm still happier than I've ever been... even though all this aggravation is killing me with added stress and worry and work... I have something far better than I've ever had before... family. I forgot how much I missed it until I screwed up so badly that I almost lost it all. Fuck that.

I wear Twink's bracelet on my left arm to always act as a reminder to me about what's important in my life. Sometimes I make stupid choices based on what I think is going to work best in the long run but ends up cutting us to the quick on the short run... but my heart is in the right place... just gotta figure out a way to get my head and heart synchronized.

Anyway, that's enough for now... more later.

No comments: