Saturday, October 7, 2006

Here we go again...

Okay,

So, I've talked a little bit about my life here (just a tad) and the various twists and turns it has taken. From Boy to Girl, to Girl with Boy, to Girl without Boy, to uhm... Gorl? Biry? Whatever. To that with Girl+Boy with other combinations in and around the bend to confuse pretty much everyone including myself. I'm kinda hard to nail down, actually.

Well, it would seem that the law of genetics has caught up with me and has been writing me several citations of late. Of course, certain circumstances have created a physical situation that preclude any of the original concepts that the law of genetics would prefer to work out with me... so we seem to be at the negotiations table regarding all that.

Until then, I've decided to create a new definition... Code Monkey. Human being are, after all, descended from various species... the odds of me being descended from a monkey are pretty good. I love writing code, reading code, fixing code, and my own code is in question and in flux anyway so it seemed to strike true.

I updated my myspace page with a code-monkey picture (which you see here too) and also updated the song that plays to "Code Monkey" by Jonathan Coulton. This seems to be a good direction for me at the moment and so why not. Where I'll end up after this... who knows... maybe Musical Manatee or Artistic Antelope. Maybe I'll transtition through all the various species ... ehh... probably not. I know where things are going and this is just a waypoint... but I'll always be a code-monkey.

Anyway, I made it through another birthday somehow. Not sure why these things keep succeeding. The more I try to destroy, change, modify, revamp, re-invent it just keeps going. What's the point? Yes, typical male behavior in a "Rage Against The Machine" type of way as opposed to a Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb sort of way (which I must admit is preferable).

It's good to be home but I do miss the friends I've made in PSL as well. It's tough and I knew it would be. In PSL the code monkey truly comes out and flings digital poo at the monitors of the managers while here in Orlando, it just sits there and relaxes and enjoys the rest from all the fun poo flinging.

I had a good week this last week tho. I think I'm getting the VP of Software Development in my corner, finally. I explained some of the work I had done that my manager didn't understand and couldn't explain and he picked up what I was laying down straight away. He was also irritated that they're not letting me use the back door.... bonus. :) It doesn't make sense that they would let me putter around in sensitive client data and not let me in the friggin back door. But... hey, what do I know about security?

It is raining like no-body's business tonite. I mean NASTY rain. Big ole' red spot right on the top of us. So I'm gonna close this for now to hopefully avoid the possibility of losing connection completely, blah blah blah.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: