Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am a consumer whore... and how!

Okay, first, some updates from the last post. Yes... I saw Batman on the big screen... it was... okay. Yeah, yeah, I know. Well, we got there about 10 minutes before the show started and as a result all the best seats were taken (it was a full house). So we ended up second row from the front on the right hand-side of an 80-foot tall screen. My neck is sill bothering me.

But it was awesome to see Rabbit and Heather again. Rabbit has managed to squeeze out some new tracks that are very well mastered (he even shared his mastering secrets with me) and has pushed a couple remixes out there already. Good Job Rabbit!

Bishop seems to be doing better. I found out that he's actually much older than we thought... he's somewhere between 9 and 12 months instead of 6 months as we thought. That means I need to get his reproductive system shut down real soon now.

So I met Sadao's boyfriend, Jose. He's a sweet guy, much older than Sadao, and someone who will be good to Sadao. Whether he will be good for him is yet to be seen. I'm not sure the two can co-exist in one person, though. I know I often have trouble being both and typically lean toward being "good to" people instead of "good for" people. Emotions are tricky things.

It took me some time to adjust to the situation and I find myself saying things that I swore I would never say. I'm still finding it hard to trust after so much broken trust in my life. But I'm re-learning that what's good for someone else's life (even if it doesn't include me) is good for mine as well because then there are only happy times ahead. I just wish that those around me could see that too.

Travis is back... well he was... he's headed back to Melbourne again since his grandfather just passed away. My heart goes out to him and his family. I talked with him a little last night and gave him my perspective. I hope it helped a little.

The billing project is turning out to be quite the project. The GL Export for this system is over 2800 lines of code alone. Most of it is similar functions being repeated in code with minor changes in each section. It desperately needs a rewrite... erm... I mean... "refactoring."

The shit has hit the fan (almost literally) at the house in Orlando. The pump is broken now. With all the requirements to fix up the house and make it livable again, I simply can't afford it and have little to no help in doing so. So, I have to let it go. It reminds me of PLUR Records actually. A two-man job just can't be done the same way with only one-man. I can acknowledge that, tho, and accept it and move on. So, it looks like I'll be losing the house.

I might be getting involved in the game industry again. My neighbor Jose and I are working on an idea that might work. There are some music projects in the works too, of course, and the more interpersonal relationships I have that dwindle, the more time I have to spend on these other pursuits. Perhaps one day I'll meet someone as equally uninterested in interpersonal relationships and we'll find ourselves in the best one ever. Isn't that how it works in the movies?

These are the things going on in my life right now. More complication on one side, more simplification on the other, ultimately remaining balanced one way or another. Reminding myself that it is balanced is the tricky part sometimes. :)

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: