Friday, August 1, 2008

Yay... the weekend!

So... the weekend is upon me. In fact, in 48 minutes, it starts. 47 now. At any rate, tonight I'm going up north to Orlando to see some old friends and go to a kick-ass movie... but even more kick-ass is that I'll be seeing it in the IMAX theatre... oh yeah!

The Dark Knight, the new batman movie, was by far the best superhero movie I've seen yet. They just keep getting better and better. I left with an adrenaline rush that was just too much to ignore. Now I get to see it on the BIG mutha-fuckin' screen!

I had to take Bishop to the vet this morning. Sadao found a worm exiting his puckered little butt-hole... uhm... Bishop's butthole, that is. So, $185 dollars lighter now, I have a happier, healthier kitty.

Speaking of Sadao, his new beau is coming to spend the weekend at the house this weekend. I wish Travis was home. I'm gonna have to find something to occupy myself with because they'll be too occupied with each other. Whee.

I've started learning Visual FoxPro 9.0 in order to support our billing system here at work. It seems pretty straight-forward...-ish. It's not exactly what I would've chosen to write the system with, tho. Thankfully, with my knowledge of invoicing and billing, I will be on the team to convert it to dot net when it's time.

Other than that, not much else is new. I miss Orlando terribly. I miss everyone there. But I guess change is good and is required ... no matter how much I like it or don't.

Y'all have a good weekend and enjoy yourselves (and someone else if you can manage it).

Peace,
Jenna

P.S. My song for today:

Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me
Juice Newton

I've got nothing to be ashamed of
Love's been a little bit hard on me
If I shy away it's only because
Love's been a little bit hard on me

(Love's been a little)
Oh, love's been a little
(Love's been a little bit hard on me)
(Love's been a little)
You know just been a little
(Love's been a little bit hard on me)

I can remember when it's been so much
Love's been a little bit hard on me
Now I shy away at the slightest touch
Love's been a little bit hard on me

(Love's been a little)
Oh, you know it's been a little
(Love's been a little bit hard on me)
(Love's been a little)
Just a little, little
(Love's been a little bit hard on me)

Come out, come out
To the hopeless romance inside
Shout it's all right, it's all right
To stay so dark
So close to the light

[Instrumental Interlude]

Come out, come out
To the hopeless romance inside
Shout it's all right, it's all right
To stay so dark
So close to the light

I'll be back when I calm my fears
Love's been a little bit hard on me
And I'll see you around in a thousand years
Love's been a little bit hard on me

(Love's been a little)
You know it's just been a little
(Love's been a little bit hard on me)
Oh, love you know it's just been a little
(Love's been a little bit) hard on me

No comments: