Sunday, August 17, 2008

Overstimulated

I think I've cured myself of my RockBand addiction. :) This weekend Jose and Nyssa went to Miami to see family and they let me borrow their XBox 360, RockBand, Guitar Hero II and III. I spent 8 hours yesterday rocking out. It's still a lot of fun, of course, don't get me wrong... but I no longer have the compulsion to go out and get an XBox. This is a good thing since they're quite expensive.

Perhaps this is the very thing that gets us over all our addictions... Overstimulation. Too much of anything can lead to this condition and destroy our desire to do it again. That being the case... anything is, therefore, curable with time. Yes, it will probably result in death... but then again, from one perspective, even life could be considered an addiction.

There's not much of a difference, really. Every addiction has it's price. How we perceive it is what eventually determines whether it's a good thing or a bad thing for us. Ultimately, those that help us to lead happy, healthy and productive lives are the ones we should probably be keeping. Those that produce negativity, sorrow, despair, etc. are best left to those for whom they do not cause those problems. Heh... know your limits.

At any rate, I'm glad that I no longer have the urge to go out and get one of those infernal machines. I can concentrate on things that will produce even greater quality of life now. It's the little things. :)

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: