Monday, March 2, 2009

The Weekend

It was an interesting weekend. Friday night, Sadao and I went to see "Le Nozze Di Figaro" at the Palm Beach Opera. It was a fantastic performance! Dreyfoos Hall is absolutely beautiful. It was Sadao's first opera and I'm glad I was able to share it with him.

Saturday I went to the gym and worked out with the trainer, Joe. *sigh* ... He looks like a young Sylvester Stallone. After that I went home and watched Religulous. Truly a great piece of work by Bill Maher. Recommended viewing in my opinion. Later I went to a vinyl record store in the area and found a few hard-to-find 12"'s and a couple of albums I had on cassette when I was younger.

Sunday I had most of the day (and the house) to myself. I did some house-work and watched about 14 hours of 24 season 5. Yeah... it sounds crazy when I write it out like that... but at the same time, it's not like I wasn't active as well. I did get a lot of other stuff done, too (including laundry which was a good thing).

I've had a lot of time to think about life in general. Some of my friends are putting themselves and others through very trying times... like I have done in the past. I see it happening and I know what will come of it. I try to tell them what can come from their actions... and they do not listen. But then... what did I expect?

Success comes from making good choices. Making good choices comes from wisdom. Wisdom comes from experience. Experience comes from making bad choices.

So I think my experience is starting to finally produce some wisdom. Of course, I'm not saying that I'm this wise old woman, now. I've had to repeat some lessons. At least I'm recognizing that though.

At any rate, I have no clue what the future holds right now... but if I can start shaping it again, I'm gonna.

No comments: