Sunday, March 19, 2006

Luck of the Irish Ran Out

Twink says I'm lucky. That I'm just a very lucky individual. Truth is, I got just as many problems just on another scale. Was at Dorrmat's house tonite just chillin' and hangin' out. I got tired and decided to come home. That's when I noticed that my driver's side door had been smashed in. I asked the various folks gathered there for a night of mirth and merriment if any of them heard anything, saw anything, etc. It was a pretty good whack... I would have thought we would have heard something. But I guess not.

Problem is... I didn't want to bring the police into it... which of course Rob thinks is crazy and he's right... it is crazy. But I didn't think the folks in the house would appreciate having cops wandering around the property. So, I've driven the car home and now I'm just going to bed.

This... the weekend before Ultra... a mere 4 days before I'm supposed to drive down to Miami. Of course, since there's no police report... there can be no insurance claim. I priced door assemblies on Ebay. The only ones available were in Buffalo, NY... Pickup Only... for about $150. Which is not a bad price... but I can't very well get to Buffalo, NY to get my car repaired, can I?

Anyway... I'm going to bed. I'll deal with this later. I'm beginning to dread next weekend now, actually. Not in the best of moods right now.

No comments: