Monday, August 28, 2006

Bite Me, Ernesto

So I actually got up on time and got myself out the door and to the office in Port St. Lucie on time. Yay. I was all ready to get the keys to the house I'll be living in, move in , get settled, etc. etc. blah blah blah. Of course, there's this pesky little storm out there named Ernesto that has to go and screw that idea up. By 3:30 today, it was determined that it's heading straight for Port St. Lucie and will more than likely be at least a Cat 1 by the time it gets there. So... my boss comes and tells me that they're leaving early on Tuesday and not even coming on Wednesday since that's when the storm is going to be there. He then continues on saying that if they have no power or if there are other problems, I probably would not be needed until Friday and since that's the last day of the week and Monday's a holiday... that I might as well wait until Tuesday of next week to come back. That's a full week of wages gone. $1800 ... poof. Grrr.

So, I'm back in Orlando waiting to see what this mass of wind and rain is going to do, if anything. If I'm lucky, it won't do anything an I can return to work on Thursday. We'll see, I guess.

My alarm on my phone just went off and so I have to go make a phone call. Guess I'll cut this short. Didn't really have much to say anyway other than express my irritation at the weather. Wasn't that an exciting read? :-P

No comments: