Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Oy Vey!

Okay... I've been meaning to write in here for a while now but haven't had the chance. Or when I had the chance, I was too tired or more interested in doing something other than writing about what's been going on. Heh. Whee!

Easiest way to break it down... by subject!

House:
We're trying to re-fi. It's no so much stress this time (thankfully) but it has been difficult given that my scores have dropped due to unsecured debt (thanks Rob) and FHMS not posting our pay-off amount on time (thanks Fist... I mean First Horizon). Regardless, we have been approved for what we need, now it's just a matter of getting the right rate. Time will tell.

Also, the windows will finally be complete the week of the 19th. Only 3 months after we got started. Fuck Lowes. I swear by all that's dear to me... do not go with Lowes if you can avoid it. There's lots of complaint information about their customer service and we can attest to it. I've had to threaten chargeback to get their attention. Does that say anything?

Home:
Yeah, there's a difference. Home life is grand... even though the kids are driving me nuts. Not like that's a bad thing... it's just a thing. :) The trade-off for having such beautiful children in my life is letting them pester me to death. Heh... earlier today, Taylor even wanted to start calling me mom. Twink played along and said, "Hey, that's great... that means I'm off the hook!" Needless to say, she's still mom and I'm still "Aunt" Jenna... the way it should be.

Lawyer:
Saw him today. Almost done with all the proceedings for my will and all that jazz. I'll be glad when that's done. One more week!

PLUR Records:
Tax day for S-Corps is the 15th of this month. I'm making good headway with the PnL statement and should make the deadline with time to spare. Then it's on to my own taxes. There's still stuff to do... site changes, new MP3 artist work to upload, etc. Busy, busy.

Work:
Radixx is actually turning out pretty interesting. I was included in a meeting today and the head of development likes my work and suggestions for the product. I just gotta make sure I work out what makes the VP tick when it comes to work (probably staying late and being the good employee based on what others have said). Hopefully I can balance that out where I can give them some extra time to help in crises but not all of my time for stupidity that someone else should be dealing with.

My Music:
Uhm... what? Next subject please! Actually, that's just a situation of it's "on hold" until other things I want to do are done. When I find time, I tinker with it... but right now there's just to many other irons in the fire.

Sex, Drugs and Breakbeats:
Well, 1 out of 3 I guess. 33%? That's pretty shitty. But the first two just aren't as fulfilling as the third to me. Maybe that makes me a freak... I'm fine with that for now. Sex just leads to sticky situations in more ways than one. Drugs only last for a while, can cause irreparable damage, leaves me feeling like shit afterwards, are hard to come by, are expensive, sometimes gives me a bad reaction and are therefore out of the picture at the moment. But a good breakbeat... I mean some down and dirty bass with a beat that just won't stay still or a timeless classic old-school funky track will get me going every time. Best of all, if I didn't get enough, I can just play it again with no ill effects! w00t!

Pets:
Abbie and Jasmine are fine... although a tad bored I think. I need to play with them more often. Bella is being her typical "Leave me the fuck alone" self... so I do. Time will tell with that bitch. She certainly has her own mind about what she wants and doesn't want and isn't afraid to tell you about it.

Everything else so far is gravy. I'm playing Guild Wars some now. It's interesting and doesn't cost for connection to their servers. That's a good thing. Plus Jose plays with me online so I've got an adventuring buddy. I miss him. I really need to work out time to go see them sometime.

I finished Prey. What a disappointment. The ending was just way too predictable. I saw it coming from miles away. Looking forward to HL3 though. Hopefully the boys at Valve have more story ingenuity than the 3D Realms folk do. *sigh*

Anyway, nothing much else to say at the moment. More later.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: