Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Caesar Salads

It's interesting (and irritating) how things rarely work out as planned. However, the results of such events often result in something that will entertain, at the very least.

Take, for example, the fact that I was supposed to go home for lunch... however my ride chose to go to Publix instead. This change of plans only occurred after I got in the car and we were on the way.

At any rate (with that off my chest) I decided a salad would be good food for my mood. After we got back to the office with our food... I thought about this salad. A Caesar Salad. WTF is it anyway?

It's as almost as if someone went...

"Uhm... I'm hungry. What do we have to eat?"
"Uh... let's see... got some of those little anchovies left that Derek brought over... a little lettuce from our sandwich making stuff... some bread... oh but it's stale... some mayo ..... uhm..... ..... spices..... "

*blank stare*

"Are you kidding me?! That's it?!"

Well, when you really think about it anyway. It's pretty disgusting. And we pay pretty well for these salads... and it's basically "Dumpster Diver's Salad."

Okay, okay... here's the ACTUAL recipe as re-posted from Wikipedia:

A typical Caesar salad comprises romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper originally prepared tableside. Caesar Cardini (Italian-born Mexican) is credited with creating the salad.

To me... this just proves the point... that if you polish that turd hard enough, long enough and shiny enough... you can get anyone to buy it. I've heard that nothing good is ever easy... but if it's that hard to get that turd to be "worth" something... and at it's heart... it's still just a turd... I prefer to let it be as it is.

Everyone and everything has a purpose on this planet. Manipulating it doesn't do a damn bit of good for any of us in the long run... we are all food for worms eventually, after all. So I guess it doesn't hurt none either.

And now, I'm going to get back to my Polish Turd Salad.

Peace

No comments: