Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Change On The Wind

Well, it's happened... somehow, it's happened. Twink has finally managed to take control again. She met someone that completely changed her life and this woman gave her some materials, books, etc. She read to me out of one and it sounded a LOT like devotionals. I knew then that she would be on the right track, finally. She's committed to it, too... that's obvious... more obvious than anything else I've ever seen. It's taken QUITE a lot to get to this point.

This morning I listened to Desert of My Days by Larnelle Harris... and I thought about her and also my own life and realized that God was putting us through VERY rough times to teach us both something we needed to know. There are lessons in life that we both learned early on that the other did not. Over the course of this year, we have taught each other what we know. Sometimes, these lessons have been difficult and have required repetition... but then... what lesson doesn't require repetition?

I have the sweet sense of knowing in my heart that things will better for both of us now. Even if I never see her again, I know that life will be the way it should be and we each have taken some of the beauty the other possessed and have made it our own.

God's love is unending. It still amazes me that throughout all this he used us for good things in each others' lives. Of course, this just means that my next challenge is going to be even harder. Whee! I hope this Oasis can last a little while tho. I could use the break. God never puts anything in front of us that we can't take but he also never puts anything in front of us that we have faced before unless we didn't learn from it last time.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: