Sunday, April 10, 2005

Assumptions

Well, it's technically tomorrow... but it still feels like last night. Went shopping today and spent more money than I should have, as usual. But I'm happy with what I got. I replaced the miniature Eurorack Mixer I had with a Soundcraft Spirit ES so I can actually have everything plugged in at once now rather than swapping patch cables whenever I want to work with something else. Expensive at the moment but it will pay for itself soon enough. :)

Had some friends over tonight and the discussion turned to what we've done and who we knew and where they've gone, etc. A lot of assumptions were made and it got me kinda frustrated, actually. I try not to be too imbalanced, really. I'm a Libra, after all. I get annoyed when someone tries to pidgeon-hole me. I have a lot of interests and I don't overdo any of them, as far as I can tell. I took it all in fun on the outside... but I felt like I was being stereotyped, sorta. I dunno, I'm tired too so I may just be rambling (I probably am). Anyway, other than the mixer, I picked up some new discs and the 12" of Switch. I just have a feeling I can do something with that... dunno why.

I also picked up a Light Sabre. Yes, a Light Sabre. Best Buy has the Masterworks Replicas of the Light Sabres from Star Wars and I just had to have one. It's one thing to see them on a web page and another to see them right within your grasp. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wasn't walking out of the store without one. It's cool, it lights up and down in sequence and makes all the noises. After playing with it for a while I thought to myself... "Ooh... now I have a REALLY BIG glow stick! Woohoo!" Can't wait until the next party! ;)

Anyway, I've got a big lug waiting for me in bed so I'm gonna close this for now. Later days, better lays. -- Peace--

No comments: