Monday, April 25, 2005

It's raining shoes

The expression, "waiting for the other shoe to drop" comes to mind today. But in this case, it's raining shoes. Another expression: "Between a rock and a hard place" comes to mind... but in this case... there's also a trap door underneath and a fraying rope being clinged to.

I feel as if I've wronged someone while attempting to do something right... wronged someone very close to me. The shitty part is, I don't know if I have or not. There are times when you can go up to that person and ask to talk and work things out... and then there are times when you have to back off and let them come to you when they feel like it.... if they feel like it.

Those are the hard times. Being a peacemaker with a martyr complex, I tend to do anything and everything I can to try to help others make peace and resolve conflict... especially when that conflict is between family and/or friends. Lately tho, it seems to be getting me deeper into trouble more often than not. How do you say no to a friend that asks you for help? How do you deal with that when that help may be at odds with another friend? Why do people always put the people closest to them in the middle of everything? Maybe they were already in the middle of it to begin with. FEH... It gives me a headache.

At some point, something's gotta give. Whatever it is, and whenever it does... I just hope we can put the pieces back together with stronger glue.

No comments: