Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shrek The Third

So I got home last night and was expecting to sit in my room and either watch a movie, read a book or play WoW with Jose... when all of a sudden I got a call from Veronica. I must admit, I was a little hesitant about answering the call but since one never knows why someone is calling until one answers... I chose to answer. I'm SO glad I did too!

We talked for a little bit on the phone and she asked if I had any plans for the evening. I said no and she suggested we take in a movie. After going through some of the choices at the theatre closest to her, we picked Shrek the Third. What a great movie that is! :) I was glad that it used elements of the 2nd movie but didn't suck as hard as the 2nd movie. It was truly a good one! She and I then went back to her house (which is cute as all get out) and had a nice non-emo, no-drama visit. It was a great night and totally an unexpected and much welcomed change from recent events.

It was so good to see her and rekindle a friendship that has been beaten up quite a bit by drama over the years. (Some day we'll ALL sit down and laugh at all the drama, too... because it SOOOO needs to be laughed at and mocked). Her courage and spontaneity has always been empowering to anyone who's ever met her. Now, in my opinion, she has forged and tempered it with understanding and wisdom as well. It was a little slice of wonderful to see it.

Today I am more energized and ready to face the world and get some work done. Speaking of which, I better get going.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: