Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life's Little Tests

Well, as you probably know, they get bigger the older you get. Life puts us through these tests to teach us what we need to know to make it through life. This morning comes without sleep... but I gladly traded the sleep for a good night with a good friend. I'm not sure why we sometimes need to take these tests over and over again. Sometimes we find clever ways to get around these tests (or so we think) but God and nature know a little more about us than we think... and I'm thankful for that.

I'm not saying things are perfect. Hopefully, they won't be for a long time. Because when things are perfect, life's done ... and it's just starting to get interesting and fun again. Today is going to suck at work... but that's just fine... I'm manage.

BTW... if you haven't seen it, find a copy of Jose Ferer's Cyrano De Bergerac. *sigh* Love you, dad.

Peace,
Jenna

P.S. Just a note for anyone out there that may choose to interfere with my life, my true friends or my family in any way again... I submit this excerpt from a track by Disturbed:

I'm no slave
Are you feeling brave?
Or have you gone out of your mind?
No more games
It won't feel the same
If I hold my anger inside
There's no meaning
My soul is bleeding
I've had enough of your kind
One suggestion, use your discretion
Before you label me blind

The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away
There will never be a reason why I will surrender to your advice
To change myself, I'd rather die
Though they will not understand
I won't make the greatest sacrifice
You can't predict where the outcome lies
You'll never take me alive
I'm alive

No comments: