Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's Star Wars Thursday!!!

Yes yes yes... the time has finally come! Tonight is the night I have waited 28 long years for. Tonight I find out how Darth Vader became Darth Vader! Much Happy! It feels like Friday today... it SHOULD be Friday... but of course it's just Thursday... but I can take solace in the fact that it is Star Wars Thursday. :)

This weekend should be fun. I have role-playing this weekend. The group I play with plays in the Champions universe, part of the Hero system. I have 5 different characters I play and two of my favorites are in the spotlight this weekend. Quantum, the sassy red-headed Irish gravity controller is in deep crap. She's been identified as part of the Quarm, a collective of entities that eats realities for breakfast. Dunno how this is going to play out... but it should be interesting. After this weekend, I may only have 4 characters, who knows. The other is Re-Run. I was very proud of Re-Run when I made her. She's a TV junkie who, when bathed in the radiation of a meteor-strike, found herself with unique abilities. Her abilities come from props and clothing she finds from cancelled TV shows. When she dons the garment, she gets the powers and personality of that character... for however long the show was on. For example, if she put's on the Flash's boots, she gets all the powers and personality of the Flash from the TV show. The power can be turned on and off at will... but it will only last for 1 hour a week since that's how often the show was on in production. So, she must use it sparingly. As of today, she has: Superman's cape from the George Reeves' Superman, Wonder Woman's bracers, Spock's Tunic, Flash's boots, Darien Lambert's PPT, John Chriton's Gun (Winona), and 7 of 9's glove. The GM stated that something big is going to happen to her this weekend... looking forward to that!

Yes, I'm a geek, a nerd, a dork, "eksetera." I guess this is the first time I've described, revelled and wallowed in it openly here on myspace. Whatever, it makes me happy... and that's all that matters anyway. So, fun weekend ahead for me... I hope you all have a great weekend too!

No comments: