Tuesday, May 3, 2005

I don't care if the light at the end of the tunnel IS a train...

Yah, that's pretty much how it feels at the moment. The weekend started pretty good. I had a car full of happy people heading to Tampa. Had a good time at the Underground... I was sober (being the DD) but I still had a fantastic time blowing up others, sitting in front of the big speakers grinning like a fool, dancing occasionally (it's rather spastic, so I don't do it that often in deferrence to those who know what they're doing), and just generally having a good time.

Drama begins... from several different directions. I deflect it as much as possible and begin the long trip home to Orlando with a car full of quixotic people in the car. By the time I got home, I knew there was no sense in going to bed and stayed up until Rob and I left for Tampa (again) to meet some friends for a day of super-powered role-playing. It took 3 bookoos to make it through the day... yes, Heather... carb city, USA, I know.

On the way home, the sequel to the drama begins. Rob and I are both exhausted and he's about ready to turn into the Hulk... but I manage to sooth the savage beast and send him to bed. Meanwhile, I deal with the new drama with the help of several whippits until I pass out at 4 a.m.

Sunday was pretty good. Had a nice breakfast, went to a movie and dinner, and then went to a friend's house to visit. But that night, something went nuts in my left leg which created a 16-hour charlie-horse. Fun for me.... on top of that, the master bathroom comode decided it had had enough shit and began flooding my house. The master bath, master closet, master bedroom, hallway, utility room and great room..... flooded. I now have 9 blowers and 2 de-humidifiers in my house at $430/day. ARGH!

So if the light at the end of the tunnel is a train... that's fine by me. Just make sure it's a good solid hit... I don't want to limp away from this one.

No comments: