Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Good Times Again

Today was Rob's birthday and since he had no plans with any of his circle of friends, we got the chance to go out and enjoy the evening together. It was a lot of fun again. :) We started by going out to Cafe Tu-Tu Tango's for dinner. I've always wanted to go there but hadn't until tonite. It's a tapas bar that serves nothing but appetizers. So we ordered about 10 appetizers and pigged out. :) Good food! And great atmosphere. The place is decorated with artwork by local artists and they make all the artwork available for sale to the patrons. See something you like? There's a price tag on it. I don't know if you can haggle them down or not... I didn't see anything I absolutely had to have, after all.

After dinner, we went to see Transformers. What a fun movie! It's what a summer blockbuster epic movie is supposed to be, that's for sure! Definitely worth the trip to the theatre.

For me, it was more than just a fun night out, though. It was another in a series of steps of getting myself to the point where I'm no longer stressing out over the things I have no control over. It's another step toward getting through the pain and torture I had created for myself. People who have been there know what I'm talking about it. It's that moment when you say to yourself, "Getting all worked up over all this shit just isn't worth it. I know what I want to do and what I need to do... I'm tired of waiting to see if it's okay with the rest of the world for me to just go ahead and do it."

So begins a new chapter of stress-free living. I'm glad for this. It was good to go out and hang out with my old flame and not deal with the he-said/she-said, he-did/she-did bullshit. We were just two people out enjoying some time together, sharing experiences again. *contented sigh*. I think I could get used to this. :)

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: