Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Summer Vacation... So Far

So... let me take a moment and catch y'all up. I last posted about my fabulous Thursday evening and how my Friday was going. Well, that day dragged on and I had a hard time staying awake at work, but I managed, somehow. The flight to Atlanta was delayed about 10 minutes, no big deal. But the Atlanta flight was delayed a half-an-hour. This meant getting in at 11:15 instead of 10:45. Oh well, I guess 30 minutes wasn't going to hurt too much.

When I got to Atlanta, however, I found that the flight had been delayed again... this time another 45 minutes. So now it's going to be midnight before I get in to Indiana. OOF! Still working on about 90 minutes of interrupted sleep on the plane, I went to the smoker's lounge and struck up a nice conversation with a girl there who grew up in Ohio and lives in Talahassee. Heh. Small world. Having had some of the good energy from her, I went and started talking with some others and managed the pass the time away nicely.

Then they came across the intercom saying that the crew wasn't available yet. Another 15 minutes. I called out loud enough for the crowd to hear, "Y'all do this for a living, right?" I enjoyed it... so did the others... and the dirty looks from the desk workers was priceless. But oh well... they could've just taken it in stride and smiled. I wasn't blaming them... I was making fun of the situation.

So we finally get on the plane and I go back into semi-sleep. Apparently we were delayed on the tarmac too because we didn't land until 12:30. By the time I got off the plane, got the car and got home to my parent's house... it was 2:30 a.m. Everyone here was already asleep so I just got into the bed they made for me and passed out. The end of a 42 hour day.

Saturday I spent the day with the folks and my sister Betty. I haven't seen her in 10 years. It was SO good to catch up with her. That night, I went to my brother's house and played drinking games with my nephew and his friends. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the best of moods due to an argument I had with my parents... and I managed to show my ass pretty well. But fortunately... they're family and understood and just made fun of me the next day. Heh. It had to be done tho... especially since I'd never "let myself go" in front of them before. Perhaps it was the cathartic experience I needed?

I say that because since that day, I have been letting the joy of living fill me up again. I have so many things I want to do now. So much love to spread and share with my friends and family at home in Florida. I guess you can call this trip a spiritual refilling for me.

My sister gave me a pair of pants that fit, but are too short. So we went to JoAnn's and got some rainbow fabric remnants that we used to extened the pants and make a matching bandana from it. Between that and some hippie-love patches to put on the pants, they are gonna be fab!

I still have 4 full days here with the family. Thursday I'm going to King's Island with my sister Betty. She's paying for the trip provided I do the driving. One day this week I'm gonna get together with friends from college. Gonna go make some memories. :) I'll try to get some pictures posted... it is really beautiful up here this time of year.

Anyway, mom has something else she needs me to do so I'm gonna close this for now. I'm still alive and doing well and will be back in the sunshine state soon bringing a lot of personal sunshine with me. :)


No comments: