Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Please Don't Send Me Flowers

After checking my mail on Yahoo! this morning, I saw this story headline:

New orchid smells like 'sweaty feet'

So... of course I had to read the news story. This part made me truly wonder about people:

The species isn't likely to have any commercial value since its flowers are less than a quarter of an inch wide, but some orchid lovers were so enthused by the news they began planning cross-country trips to see its delicate summer blooms.

"This orchid might not be showy enough to get the masses lined up all the way from San Francisco to see it, but I'm leaving Sunday to go out there to photograph it," said wild orchid expert Paul Martin Brown, who planned to leave Acton, Maine, this weekend to include the orchid in his latest book.


Travelling cross-country to see (and smell) an orchid that smells like sweaty feet. Uhm... i can think of a lot of better things to do with my money and time. But I guess as long as he's doing that he's leaving everyone else's sweaty feet alone, right?

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: