Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dating Schmating

Okay...

So I talked to this guy Monday about going out to see a movie sometime. We agreed we'd go see either Surf's Up or Knocked Up on Wednesday night (yesterday). I was thinking Surf's Up would be a better choice. We were all excited and he thanked me that he'd actually have something to look forward to in the middle of the week for once. I was like, sure!

Now this guy and I have had some chemistry before, but since my transition that chemistry has changed. It's still there... but it's apparently confusing to him now. That's okay tho, cuz it was confusing to me before. Getting the picture yet? If not, keep reading.

I left work yesterday and called to find out where he wanted to meet me at. I got his voice mail. Didn't think anything of it other than he might still be at work or on the phone. So I left him a messages saying that I was on my way and asked that he call me.

A few minutes later... I got a text message from his phone saying "Got your message. I'm having dinner with my mother, she's not feeling well. Raincheck? Sorry."

Now, this normally would not bother me at all. Not in the slightest. If I had sent him a text first. Maybe this is splitting hairs here... but... considering he was looking forward to it (enough to write it in his calendar, he said), and considering he obviously had his phone with him since he sent me a text from it, it doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't answer the phone when I called or at least call me back with the information. I'm very understanding that family comes first and have no problem with that. Therefore, it leads me to believe that there was another reason he chose not to answer/call back. Whatever that reason is, I'm doing my best not to speculate. :) But it's hard not to when one's done it for so long and knows human nature.

So, what did I learn from this? To leave it alone. I sent him a text saying, "Sure, no problem. I hope your mother feels better. If you wanna do something later, let me know. No pressure, just fun." And left it at that. I fairly certain I'm done chasing the rainbow now (heh... nice pun for those in the know), and am focus on me instead. Once I'm where *I* want to be... if someone else finds that attractive, I'll size up them and their motives and then decide if I want to share or not. But until that time, I gotta Jenna back on the horse she fell off of!

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: