Thursday, February 9, 2006

21 hours until Florida

BLARGH!

I'm getting very frustrated with things here now. It seems like for every good thing that happens, about 3 bad things have to happen. I spent the day trying to get through meeting after fucking meeting (MAFM.... not quite like TAFT... but feels the same) so that I could get some actual work done. This was AFTER they rebuilt the application server I'm working on but BEFORE the database server is ready... and we get to the end of the day only to find out that no one had bothered to put the database client drivers on the application server... for those of you who don't know... you HAVE to have these drivers to access a database. And of course, no one was around with the drivers that had the permissions to install them by the time we figured this out. So... ANOTHER wasted day, basically. Wanted to shoot myself. And the MEETINGS... oh my god... people that don't know shit about shit trying to tell me how to migrate software I wrote in the first place... I swear I just wanted to say, "Good Luck with that" and walk out.

The only good thing that happened in the meeting was something funny the project manager said. The QA people in Denver were asking why the Orlando QA people couldn't help out with the migration efforts. The PM MEANT to say "Because they're supporting live production." What she said instead was "Because they're holding up production." I about fell out of my chair... had to grab my mouth or laugh out loud. It wasn't too far from the truth, after all.

I was going to go out tonight... but the wind and temperature changed my mind. It's fucking freezing up here now. I can't wait to get hoome to my blessed heat and humidity. I suppose I could eventually get used to this... but I miss Florida so much... those I consider friends and family are there... and I miss them so much.

On top of all this... I burned myself on the over door tonite. Probably will have a nice big scar on my arm too. I'm trying to keep it iced... but y'all know how that is... Me? Stay still long enough to heal? Hardly. I need a keeper.

I've been writing a lot of things in my journal lately about family, love, life, romance, friendship, etc. and a lot of it has had a melancholy and even dismal tone. I'm not feeling wretched folks. But every now and then I have to do some woolgathering and think out loud. That's what these things are for anyway, right? In addition, of course, to venting about stupidity and raising the roof about the good things. :)

So, don't worry too much about me. I'm appreciative of the concern and the love, don't get me wrong... but I'm not the basket case I sometimes make myself out to be. There's a fine line I guess... ya just gotta know how I communicate. :)

Anyway, a good friend that I've not talked to in a long time just signed on and he's waiting for me to chat with him. So, I'm gonna close this for now. I don't know if I'll be posting tomorrow or not. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Hugs,
Jenna

No comments: