Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Beat the Clock

Well, technically, the clock has already beaten me. But I might still have a chance.

Basically, I'm trying to get rid of a house in Orlando (not an easy task these days). My mortgage company is not very pleased with me (to say the least) but they're being a little understanding given some of the crap I've been going through lately.

Anyway... I have a realtor now who specializes in short sales. I've also left messages for a couple of lawn-care companies who can hopefully get the lawn in order. I'm meeting with the realtor on Saturday to discuss what we can do.

If I don't get a sale on the house in 90 days, Countrywide will let me do a deed-in-lieu. But until then, I have to try to get the house sold. Not an easy task by any means. This house has already affected my credit now for the past 7 months (yay!) so I'm gonna be hip-deep in this for a while. But, sometimes healing takes a while (as I mentioned before).

Anyway, hopefully there's still enough time to get out from under
this house without the bank smashing my nads completely. We'll see.

No comments: