Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Previous 24

So, the last 24 hours has been interesting, to say the least. For the first time in a couple years, I had a date last night. Picked me up at about 8:30 and we went to Applebee's for a couple drinks and then out to the beach. I won't go into the details about what happened as it's too personal for an open blog like this (yes Samara, I'll write about it in my private journal), but I think it's sufficient to say that I had a wonderful time! Even if I never see him again, I will hold the memory of last night until I die. :D

Naturally, I was in a pretty good mood at work today. I managed to get two big things resolved at the office today, for which I'm blissfully thankful for! I felt a weird vibe today at the office and had to get my feelings confirmed or denied by my boss. It was the same vibe I had just before I was let go at Radixx. Fortunately I was completely off-base. There's a lot of concern about our next release for some reason.

I'll never understand why we as human beings get all bent out of shape over doing something we love doing, getting paid for it, and then getting paid more to keep doing it even better than before. It's the whole "meeting expectations" thing. But I would think that if people are happy with the product, there's really no need to make such grand expectations and then horsewhip people into doing meeting them. A much better model is to encourage the growth, development and excitement of the application rather than set high expectations that have to be met... OR ELSE.

I'd rather be happy with what I have and then be pleasantly surprised by a new version of a product than deal with "regular releases" that have been forced into production without adequate testing or thought. That leads to bugs and problems and all kinds of stupidity.

Anyway, I was in a pretty good mood when I got home. I went in to chat with Sadao but he's apparently in a mood because when I made a fun-loving comment about what he was doing (browsing a gay website) I got the "mind-yer-own-business" attitude. Well, that always results in the same response from me... which is to shut down and leave him alone.

I really wish I could meet someone that was a) interested in me physically and b) could spar mentally with me without taking it so seriously. It would be so much fun! I guess it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, eh? (then it's friggin' hysterical).

I got two other parties possibly interested in the house this week. I'm going to meet one of them this weekend. Hopefully, with time, money, blood, sweat, tears and patience (LOTS of patience) I can finally get this albatross off my neck.

Anyway, just a quick update since I didn't have time to do that earlier.

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: