Monday, October 27, 2008

Might as well talk to the wall...

You've said it too, haven't you? "I might as well be talking to a brick wall." "Better to save my breath to cool my broth." Something like that, right? So why do we keep doing it? If trying to communicate with someone is so difficult, what's the benefit? Hrmph... I just heard Twink say "Nothing good is ever easy" in my head. I wish she'd shut up some times.

Well, since this is where I like to vent, my poor journal gets the brunt of it all. Basically, things are patched up again at home... but Mr. Cranky is still sick and therefore takes everything I say as if I'm being intentionally confrontational. Now... here's the part that I just don't get. He knows me. He knows me well enough to know that I hate confrontation. Typically, the only real reason someone will use confrontation is when they want to attention. Yes, yes... I can hear naysayers already proclaiming that there are times when confrontation is warranted. Well, it all boils down to attention.

People used to getting attention keep wanting it. It's like a psychoactive drug of the worst degree, if you ask me. Why would someone need that much attention if their life was interesting enough without it? AH hah! Yes, when life gets boring we tend to bore into other people's minds and demand their attention one way or another. Anything is better than nothing, right? And some of us are pretty damned needy. I've been there. Withdrawal isn't fun... but it's not anywhere near as bad as getting an unwanted kind of attention. Ouch. Even worse than that? Getting the kind you want and it changing in a heartbeat to the kind you don't want. It's like eating a fruit that tastes great until it suddenly rots instantly in your mouth. Whee!

Sometimes we just have to accept what life gives us with gladness while other times we will stand up and say, "No no... no more of that, thank you.. I know what that's going to do to me." I've been fortunate to be able to deal with life's sour bits and be thankful for them ... if for no other reason than they make the sweet bits taste all that much sweeter.

"That's how you view life? You feed off of it? That's sick!"

I've heard that many times. I never have a response for it, really. No point in defending something that is the very definition of life in the first place. In fact, if you really think about it... the sweet gratitude that someone gets after saying something like that is beyond measure. Because right after a statement like that usually comes something like "Well, at least I don't stoop that low!" The ironic part is that by uttering that last statement, they've put themselves in the mud right next to you...

Friend: Mr. Pot? I'd like you to meet Ms. Kettle.
Mr. Pot: "But she's black!"
Ms. Kettle: "Hrmph, have you looked in the mirror lately, biotch?"

Bah... I can't really vent these things anywhere else but here.

On another note: I found a REALLY good realtor/investor this weekend. I'm very impressed by him so far and I really think we might get somewhere with the house this time. Also, work is starting to flow a little easier... I'm very happy about that!

Halloween is coming up... not sure what I'm going to be this year... if anything. Maybe I'll go as a man. :-P

Peace,
Jenna

No comments: