Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bad Ass Weekend!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced with something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another which states that this has already happened.
--The Restaurant at the End of the Universe


Last night was the bomb! Actually, most of yesterday was awesome, to be honest. It didn't start out so good with Taylor's dad waiting until the very last minute to pick her up... while Twink and I waited patiently for him to arrive. But I can accept that shit happens to people and they get delayed... it does seem to happen to him a lot, tho.

But after that, Twink and I went shopping! What for.... clothes? Nah. Shoes... feh. Beads and other interesting trinkets? Nope. We went record shoppin.' :) I realized that I still had $150 of birthday money that I hadn't spent yet and wanted to spend it on getting us new music. So we went shoppin' for music! :D Found some great records too... one that have simply inspired me to write more of my own and remix the stuff I like. Rabbit texted me at one point and told me that he had mixed in my remix of Carry On My Wayward Son into a set and that it worked great. :) He has no idea how happy that made me. :) It's encouraged me to keep going and to press forward. I spent so much time listening to people tell me how hard it is to get into the music business, etc. I don't think it's that hard, now, to be honest.

I've found people that I care about and that care about me. And we all love the music. Sure, I could take my stuff to a label and start shopping my stuff around... but I think the best way is really to just do it for the love of doing it and let others hear it. Let them decide. Let the music speak for itself and the rest of it will all fall into place.

We finished the night out listening to music. We started spinning with each other... she'd drop a record and then I would... back and forth. We're not very good at it yet (she's better than I, right now, though) but the love of doing it is something shared and it just turns me on like nothin' else will! Wheeeeeee!! Eventually, we got to the point where all we were doing was playing them rather than mixing them... but that was just fine with us by then. :)

Today, we're facing a hurricane (another one) this one shouldn't be as bad but I want to make sure my friends are kept safe. So I've invited Rabbit, Heather, V, Twink, her kids, and Josh to come over and ride out the storm at our house since their homes are not as safe. My family has grown by leaps and bounds and I plan to protect it as much as I am able.

Rabbit and I will finish up that track tonite, I'm sure, and maybe I'll get him to help me on some new stuff. :) I think I got Twink interested in trying her hand at a little production work too... but I think she's scared to try. I know she's got a beautiful song in there somewhere just dying to break free... just gotta get her to where she can use the tools to express it. :) Hell yeah!

Anyway, all in all... a stellar weekend... even in the threat of a hurricane. :) Not going to let it dampen my spirits or harm those I care about. More later. :)

No comments: