Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm a Jackass

Well, I finally got in touch with Stacy. After I wrote my last entry I called again. She was still asleep. I asked one of her housemates to ask her to call me back which she did. Apparently she's felt (for quite some time now) that I've treated her like a dirty little secret. Like I didn't want anyone else to know I associate with her or something like that. I won't go into the reasons why because that's not what's important. What's important is that she felt that way and has felt that way for a while.

I told her that I had always interpreted her behavior in the past as being someone who didn't really care for going out and being overly social. I told her that I had never intended to alienate her, hurt her or make her feel unwelcome in ANY way. It makes me so sad that she's been carrying this burden for so long. If I had known she was feeling this way, I could have dispelled it a LONG time ago. It hurts but I'm glad we had the chance to talk.

Of course, now she can't come here because she started working on her car and has made something that sorta worked into something that doesn't work. Something to do with the battery. Don't ask me to explain it, I don't understand cars at all. I know enough about how to put gas in them, check the tires and the oil and that's about it. Beyond that, I'm clueless. She's the brains there. So I'm trying to work out going to see her this weekend. I'll have to let Steven know that I'm going to be out of town since I think he was planning to come by. Just sent him a text message about it. Hopefully he'll get back to me about it soon. I was also supposed to work with Rabbit on a track this weekend but I feel this is more important. There are few things that I hold up higher than music... but friendship is definitely one of them. I might be able to get some time off on Friday, leave Thursday night... spend Friday and Saturday with Stacy, return on Sunday morning and work with Rabbit that whole day. That would work. I hope Rob understands... it's his last weekend before he starts working at GCS again and won't have any weekends. Argh... this could get touchy.

At any rate, at least we're communicating again. This is a good thing. Hopefully more good things will come from it, too. We shall see. Stay tuned.

No comments: