Monday, October 17, 2005

The Weekend

So Saturday, Stacy and I decided to just wander around Sarasota for a while to see what we could find. It ended up being an eventful day. Started out getting a bite to eat and then headed out to the Sarasota Square Mall. It was weird walking through a mall at 1:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday and seeing no kids about. Heck, there was hardly anyone there at all. Given what I had been seeing this weekend, I was wondering how any business could stay open with no one going out and doing anything.

Anyway, we checked out this cute Oriental clothing store and the lady there convinced me to try on a pair of jeans. I liked them and since they were 20% off that day... I bought them. Typical me. Next was Toyopia. Wow... what a great toy store! They had a ton of fun stuff! There was one thing I would have bought from them but fate would not allow. I was walking around the store and saw this girl and her dad looking at this adorable HUGE Ty teddy bear. It was pastel rainbow colored and was as soft as could be. They put the bear back and after they did I snatched him up and asked how much he was. He was just under $50. It was worth it, in my opinion. I was about to buy him when the girl came back and looked a little depressed that I had him. She was maybe 14 or 15 I'd say. So I said, "Ya know, I saw you were looking at this bear and if you want him you can have him... but if you don't I'm going to buy him." She asked me how much he was and I told her. She went and talked to her dad who came over and asked how depressed it would make me if they bought the bear. I told him that she saw it first and it was all good. Then I found out it was her birthday and it was a no-brainer. I said, "Well in that case, absolutely and Happy Birthday!" She was nice enough to pose for a picture with me and the bear too and I gave her my "Smile!" bracelet. I'm sure she'll give him a good home. Hope so because I really wanted him too!

After that, we hit Hot Topic and I found a tank and two t-shirts I liked. The rest of the mall was pretty blah so we decided we wanted to go up to Sam Ash... a dangerous place for me to be... but I wanted Stacy to see my dream machine. Hehe. On the way up there, I spotted a Joanne's and so we stopped there first. They didn't have and beads I was interested in but they did have a couple of new-sew pillow projects I liked and an easy-sew quilt. I picked those up and some rainbow butterfly appliques to iron on a pair of jeans I have.

On to Sam Ash. They didn't have my dream machine (the Fantom X8) out, which is a good thing, but they had the X6 out. I started playing Children and the salesman walked up and said, "Is that Robert Miles?" I was like, "Yup!" We started talking about how Sarasota used to be and he told me where the kids were partying in Sarasota now. I don't ever remember where he said... but at least I know where to ask! They also pointed us in the direction of the only Vinyl shop left in town... a place called Ground Xero... but on the outside it's called Headz Up Smoke Shop. So off we went there.

I found some old trance records there I liked and the Agent K & Deuce version of F-F-U-F-U-N-K which I bought for Rabbit. He was excited when I played it for him yesterday and told him it was for him. :) After listening to some records there we headed back to Stacy's where we sat and played records, talked about old times and ate pizza until our eye-lids became too heavy. The next day was the long trip back home.

I'm glad that Stacy and I got our friendship issues hammered out. It was really bothering me. It had apparently been something that was on her mind for several months now and I didn't know anything about it. I told her not to let that happen again and that if there was something between us to tell me about it because I can be very clueless at times. All the bleaching of the hair has soaked into the brain, I think (among other chemicals).

Yesterday, Rabbit and I worked on our remix track for a good 6 hours. It was frustrating at first because the track just wasn't saying anything to either of us at all. But with time and patience, we finally figured out where we wanted to go with it and it just took off from there. We're almost done with it too! Can't wait!

So all in all it was a good weekend. A couple other friends didn't fare as well as me though and that has me troubled right now. Twink and V both had bad luck this weekend. I wish they could have come and hung out with Stacy and I. * sigh * We'll make up for it next weekend... I guarantee it. :)

Anyway, that's last weekend. Of course, I have to be at work in a few hours (BLAH) but it was great to get away and chill out with my big sister for a while. No pictures (of course and as usual... I'm such a dumbass) but hopefully some next time.

No comments: