Monday, October 29, 2007

Just Watch

His name is Michael Hedges. The name of the song is "Aerial Boundaries." His distinctive 2-handed style picking is obvious in this video and was one of his trademarks. But his soul spoke through his music and knows how to reach other souls who feel the same. Michael once said that his music could not be categorized. "If I did have a formula, it would be one more limitation that I would have to deal with, and I'm not in this business to make limitations for myself," he said. "I'm in it to get high. That's what happens to me when I write music."

Watch and listen to this man perform. He isn't playing the instrument... he becomes the missing piece for that instrument. If you're interested in knowing more about this late great talent that ever-so-briefly touched our planet, check out his website.




Michael Hedges performs Aerial Boundaries at Windham Hill

No comments: