Monday, November 5, 2007

Oof...

This world keeps getting more and more frightening every day. Today's xkcd comic sent my brain through another vortex. There are far too many people out there who are simultaneously experiencing the same emotional state as me. Check it:




*sigh* ... I've been the guy with the hair, I've been the girl... now it seems I'm the bald guy. Hmm... unnecessary overly dramatic sheep dip, you say? Perhaps. Perhaps I should be thankful for what I have even though I know it could be taken away at any moment in time. Argh... this see-saw is getting on my nerves. I'm not sure how I always end up doing it but I seem to always end up treating people exactly the way they don't want to be treated ... through no intentions of doing so, mind you. This is bringing me, full circle, back again to the concept of non-interference.

*sigh^2* ... So I guess the true answer to why I'm going through all this is simple. Everyone is bound to hate me for my actions on one day or another for one reason or another. If I do x ... I neglect y. If I do y... I ignore x. I can't make everyone happy nor will I try to anymore. I'll just make myself happy and those around me can work that out for themselves. If something I'm doing for myself makes them unhappy or make them feel I'm insensitive, that's their insecurities not mine. I'm so tired of being apologetic and wrapped up in tales of misery and woe. Why can't I turn this around? I don't know. But I'm starting to really get tired of it going the direction it's going.

So, with that, I'm going to get on this code and try to get some work done.

No comments: